Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When I least expect it, change

Lately, I have been doing a ginormous clearout of stuff left behind and my own assessment of what is crap or not; I was slightly shocked at how I can now trash things I thought were precious artifacts,including pictures of past crushes that I kept around as ideals of what I wanted to look for.Apparently, my capacity for "fuck it" got large recently, and I've been unceremoniously cramming as much as I can into the bags to be ready for tomorrow's pickup. I have a distinct feeling I won't be missing anything I pitched, but it's still weird to me how my values changed without my realizing that they had. Starting tomorrow, I return to the land of Orange kitty loving for a month and I can use the downtime while I'm there to figure out where I am going next especially regarding fabrication and building structures.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Alana. I have just gone through that, in my move to NH. When I got there I had nothing. Then in 8 years I accumulated. The move back to NH, well, I couldn't bring back everything because I have a huge storage space full of everything here. So now I am going through boxes here taking out only what I need or really really want. This past weekend I went through the rejects and it was sad. So much I just couldn't let go of. Suddenly, even swearing doesn't cut it. I am left speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must've been painful *hugs* I am glad that I managed to take pictures of some of the things I let go of;they are in a folder off my computer just so I am maintaining and "out of sight,out of mind" exercise. I am still unaccustomed to this kind of ruthlessness, but I know I have to do it and either spill my guts online or suck it up.I have your pin cushion by my serger and it's making me smile now :)

    ReplyDelete